One of the most difficult challenges faced by international managers is trying to reduce one’s accent in a foreign language.
Although accents are a uniquely personal and beautiful phenomenon in some contexts, in a competitive global business environment, a heavy accent in any language can and will affect the way you are perceived – and not always in a positive way. To be sure, an accent that makes it difficult to understand you can close doors.
There is nothing quite like the mortification of being misunderstood by colleagues or clients who need you to repeat yourself many times to no avail. Educapro’s accent reduction training will improve the way you are perceived and how effectively you communicate. In combination with our proprietary Stratety™ evaluation platform, you are guaranteed satisfaction, or you will not pay for the service.
Similarly, how you hear and understand others speaking is vital for effective communication. Greater sensitivity and awareness of how sounds are produced and how the voice is used in the culture in which you need to communicate will help you to bring these features into your own speech.
Educapro’s Accent Reduction training will help you to improve your speaking while focusing on and eliminating the features of your speaking that cause confusion. You will speak with greater clarity and with a confidence that reflects positively on you and your company.
Advantages of Accent Reduction training with Educapro:
An Educapro Accent Reduction course will provide you with:
- Increased awareness of your own voice and accent via our proprietary Stratety™ evaluations.
- The skills to use and control your voice more effectively
- An appropriate setting to work on particular problem sounds
- An in-depth study of the key characteristics of the target accent
- A training program designed exclusively on improving your accent
Educapro’s Accent Reduction training is highly personalized and designed to meet the specific needs of our clients. The exact program depends on your organizational requirements and the participant’s existing skills set. Our Accent Reduction training includes:
- Examination of rhythm and stress patterns
- How to use and recognize intonation to communicate attitude and emotion
- How to use pausing and breathing to improve clarity
- Lessons on the relationship between spelling and pronunciation
- Exposure to various accents of the target language
- Extended listening exercises
Please contact us and we will be happy to help you understand the various programs we offer and the associated costs, which vary in terms of content, location, and level of customization.